Sunday, June 27, 2010

HAWAII PAINTOUT



Tropical Rush (11x14 Oil on canvas panel) [Ref Photo]

I found this surf shop on the north shore of Oahu at 62 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa. This image was cut in thirds by two trees trunks. Also there were several benches which complicated the composition. I wanted this painting to be about the surf boards so those distractions were removed. To get the design of the long board on the far right I had to step up one click on the Google Map to see this board. As usual I am not quite finished with this one, and think there needs to be a little more work on the slab and gravel.

6 comments:

  1. I like the hint of a man through the door...possibly renting one of those boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pop of color, nice detail on the surf boards. A very refreshing painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, just as it is! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece.
    You should email the proprietor and let him know that this painting is out here in virtual paint-out land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is distinctive - and I, for one, appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for dropping in on my blog and leaving comments.
    Renee, I originally had the door as a black hole. I wanted to include a hint of the interior, and increased the monitor brightness and could see the shape of a white shirt.
    Rock, I took your advice and sent a pic of the painting with hyper links to my blog and the Virtual Paintout blog.
    Phil

    ReplyDelete