Monday, December 12, 2011

ONE OLD & TWO NEW


Verdigris Turret (14 x 11 oil on canvas panel)
This painting was done in January from a "Google map street view" in Boston [reference].
I just finish cleaning up a few things and now feel it is worthy of a frame.

Clothespins (14 x 11 oil on canvas panel)
This painting was done from a photo I found at one of the art challenge blog sites. Capturing the glass jar and the distortion of the clothespins seen through the jar was quite a challenge.


Padlocks (12 x 9 oil on canvas panel)
The reference photo was from the Google map at Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy. I simplified the walls and made them darker to bring out the locks. I believe a lot of the white on the locks was due to the use of a flash. So I used a lot of yellow ocher, gold ocher, and raw sienna on the locks. My wife suggested the changing the text on the lock at the bottom to represent our two granddaughters.


I have included the reference photo here since it is no longer available on the Google map.

2 comments:

  1. Love the locks! How did you ever find that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that that you can make cash by locking selected areas of your blog / website?
    All you need to do is join Mgcash and use their content locking plug-in.

    ReplyDelete